EZ Dresden Challenge
When I decided to participate in the challenge, I told myself that I need to make a quilt that I wanted. While mini quilts are fun, I don’t exactly get to check of a to-do item. I accomplished several goals with this quilt. First, the quilt is for my husband. He thinks I give away too many quilts. Second, I wanted to use some of the fun London prints that have popped up this year. Lucky for me the prints are “manly” enough to satisfy Ross. Really he isn’t a difficult customer. He was pleasantly surprised to not find floral prints in this quilt.
The dresden plate template made this on fast quilt to assemble. The Dresden slices are cut for a 6.5″ strip. Once the slices were cut up, I could do a lot of chain piecing without a lot of thinking about the process. I didn’t take pictures of the process. In a nut shell, the large fabric was 4.5″ and the small fabric was 2.5″. I sewed them together. I made strip of the print on top and bottom to get the alternating/jagged look. If you want a better description, let me know I’ll write up my method.