On Sunday, I turned in my final assignment for the semester. Since then, I’ve been trying to catch up, which means cleaning my neglected house, lots of laundry, and a bit of sewing. Over the past couple of nights, I made these four blocks.
These blocks are for a charity quilt. All of the fabric is scraps. The first block is some what of a disaster. I used the fabric from my gallery quilt, where it looked great. In this block the fabric is too homogeneous to work. I didn’t make the same mistake with the remaining blocks. I enjoyed seeing my fabric scraps being getting a new life in these blocks..
Any time I work with my scraps, I realize I have a lot of scraps. They need to be put to use. Most of them are fairly ugly as I’ve had them for years and my taste has evolved. So I’m debating between making more blocks like these and a string quilt. The string quilt would be faster. Well I have time to think about it.